Sunday, January 18, 2009

Questions

I watched that movie "The five people you meet in heaven" last night. I have already read the book when it first came out but the movie was ok.

As usual, I started thinking about the concept behind the movie/book. That every life touches another life and so on. And I started thinking about the people that I could/should help or do more for. But I was missing the biggest point of the story. That it is not about the BIG things that you do. It is about the little things that you do everyday that affect the lives of those around you.

My mind wandered to the fact that usually the only smiling face that anyone sees at work is mine. The drivers are worn out and grouchy and there I am with my little smile and encouragement. Well, the best I can give at any rate. My job is at risk too and I won't know for another couple of weeks if I will have a job come March.

But maybe the universe is ready for me to be in another place. Maybe there is somewhere even better for me to be. People whose lives need my touch in what ever little way I can be there for them.

Have you ever thought about all of the lives you touched in a single day...and how your attitude might have affected their lives?

1 comment:

  1. Good question. I do think those little things add up and are just as important as the bigger things. The impact of one little gesture can be so great; one reason why we should always keep ourselves in check and make sure those little things we do are positive and constructive, especailly when it comes to our kids. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete