Sunday, January 11, 2009

I AM

I am sick of being judged by who people think I am or must be based upon my circumstances. I am a single MOM with two children by different fathers. SO WHAT??? That little descriptive sentence does nothing to define me as a person.

I am single because I chose that path. I am a mother because I chose that path.

I love to read books, any books. Romance, History, Horror...I soak them up. I love losing myself in the stories and passions of other people. Sometimes I wish I was the type of female that really expects men to be the way the way are in the books. But I end up laughing instead. Oh, yes, some man will defy convention and risk all to be with me...HA HA HA. I am quite the nerd. I love genealogy...which is basically family history. Dusty newspapers...now that's something to be passionate about. I would rather be at home than out doing something just to be doing it.

I am not beautiful but I am not ugly. I don't have any real body issues. I am kind and generous, love my family and would do anything I could for a person in need. I take my children to church most Sundays and try to fill their lives with as much happiness and laughter as I can. I am not the type to send my children away to a babysitter if it is my weekend with them. There is nothing more important than spending time and loving them.

I am very low maintenance in relationships. The only things I really require are that if you say you are going to do something, do it and that you show the same respect for me as I show for you. I treasure the little things like coffee in bed or flowers when I least expect them. Oh, and please don't cheat on me. (I used to think that was obvious, but marriage taught me otherwise) I am a really cool girlfriend because I generally like to do just about everything. I will watch sports with the guys and drink beers sometimes. I will go dancing for the heck of it. Whatever it is...if I like you enough to be with you then I will probably like doing anything you like to do :)

I am very bad at telling people outside of my daughters how I feel about them. But I am very good at umm well intimacy...

I have very strong intuition. If my heart is telling me to do something...I usually listen to it. I know there is a reason I feel as strongly as I do for a person...the quest is finding out why. I have never lied when I have told someone that I loved them. Even those that I am not so fond of now still hold a fondness in my heart and bittersweet memories.

I am sarcastic and have a very warped sense of humor.

I am rarely on time for anything. Work is the only exception to that statement.

So here I am a loving nerd, looked down on by many, respected by few...and laughing at the idiots that will never really know me for who I am...what a great opportunity they missed.

3 comments:

  1. You sound like someone who would be a great friend, be a great mother and in due time, someones significant other. I especially like that you follow your intution, (read my latest post!)something I am learning to do more and more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I just read your post and left my little comment...but I do think that the more I follow my heart the easier life has been on me. A line in a book I read said something like "never forget that evil sometimes wears a pretty face". And that is definately when I follow my guts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi. i see that you're following my blog. i have no idea why. it's not really going anywhere :) anyway, so i checked in on yours. you sound like a really cool person. so be who you are. that's the best thing you can do for yourself and those who love you, be you, damn the torpedoes. people have to love you for who you are, and if they can't, you're better off without them. and they are the ones who are missing out. like you said. just, don't compromise yourself, or buy into anyone else's perception of who you are or should be. if you radiate confidence and love of self, people will pick it up, and be drawn to it. so, buy into yourself. good luck. i'll drop in on your blog from time to time. pb

    ReplyDelete