Monday, January 5, 2009

Apology

Sometimes, I just want to hear "I'm sorry". What is so hard about those two words? Not just from Jeff but from anyone. I hear "I apologise" alot. But there is a lot of difference between those two phrases.

I think that "I'm sorry" is the real one. When you say "i apologise" it's like saying "I kinda feel bad for what I did but don't want to go all the way with the big S word".

Anymore I feel like we live in a society where the attitude is "you should have known better". That you should never let your feelings or emotions get out of control because everyone is out to screw you over. And when that happens I think we lose a lot of ourselves. Having that attitude is a waste of good times that we could share. So what if you think it's a bad idea? It might surprise you and turn into a REALLY good idea. No one seems to take risks anymore. Or follow their heart. I call it a "head" society. We are so busy thinking about what might happen that we miss all of the great stuff that is happening. We think and think and think about a problem or situation until we miss the actual bit of life that we were so worried about. And then we sit and think about what might have been.

So when a simple "I'm sorry" would solve all of the thinking and wondering and worrying...why not use it. And mean it.

2 comments:

  1. I think apologies aren't given as frequently because people just aren't sorry for their actions that happen to hurt others. There are people out there that do as they please without even considering anothers feelings. If we're lucky the words are spoken, luckier yet when they are followed by acts of contrition. The key is to surround yourself with only the people you know can apologize when neccessary, or better yet are so considerate they never have anything to apologize for!

    ReplyDelete