Monday, May 18, 2009

How a Bean gets fried

My nickname came to me when I was hanging out with some friends in Wendy's about 11 years ago. We had imbibed a few less than legal things at that time and found it very hilarious to make a nickname up for me. I was the only one without one back then. They tried several out and we laughed for about an hour. Then my sister (being as brilliantly sarcastic as I am) says...
"You shall be the BEAN!"...this is met with blank stares...(not that the eyes weren't already glazed over but even blanker than that)
"Uh, why?" B inquires.
"Because she has so many sides...Jumping bean when she's nervous, Mean Bean when she's mad, Queen Bean when she's in charge, Green bean when she's puking, and Fried Bean (our personal favorite) when , well, she's fried."

And that is how my nickname came to be over some fries dipped in frosty at the old Wendys with four hilarious girlfriends who still to this day (along with the rest of my family) call me BEAN. And that's why I smile when AC comments ...I can add butter bean to my list now :)

1 comment: